Southern Rod & Custom
- Attractive salary on offer for the right applicant
- A good opportunity to work in a car restoration/modification business that has created some of the most iconic customised and modified cars in Australia
- Uniform and excellent working conditions are provided
- Immediate start
- We have a full-time position available in our Vehicle Assembly Department for an experienced all-round mechanic and body parts assembler.
- Experience and a good knowledge of;
- Basic suspension assembly
- Engine, transmission and differential assembly
- Good knowledge of brake systems including installation, assembly, bleeding etc
- Good knowledge of electricals includes wiring, assembly and fitting of pre wired electrical kits, engine management systems and also any problem solving
- Experience with traditional carburetted and timed cars as well as modern fuel systems
- Experience with the assembly of painted parts including door, boot, bonnet assembles and any related jobs would be desirable
Southern Rod and Custom is situated in the regional town of Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley, Victoria in what is known as the fruit bowl of Victoria. Shane Rowe the owner/proprietor started this operation in Deniliquin NSW in 1988, more than 30 years ago and is credited with creating some of the finest and most awarded hot rod, custom and restored cars in Australia. The cars created and built by Southern Rod and Custom have been featured many times in magazines such as Street Machine and also Australian Street Rodder. All the cars built at Southern Rod and Custom are of the highest standard and their customers only expect the best. Visit www.southernrodcustom.com for more info on Southern Rod and Custom.
The requirements for this position are, but not limited to:
- Maintain an accurate record of their work
- Must be able to continually complete a very high standard of preparation for the pre paint body work at the pre paint stage
- Follow instructions and to maintain good communications with the management and their fellow staff
- Work to deadlines
- Manage their time efficiently
To be considered for this role you will possess the following:
- To be able to work as a team
- To be courteous and friendly towards your fellow team members, management, and the clients
- Manage their time efficiently.
- A position based on a probationary period of 6 month.
- Attractive pay rate based on skills and experience.
- Uniform and tools provided.
- 38 – 40 hours per week + overtime
- On job training where necessary
- Some relocation costs for the right candidate to be decided by management.
You must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible to apply for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com